Mini Apple Pies
low in fat, low in sugar and oh so delicious. With less sugar per serving than your average bowl of cereal you can even serve these mini apple pies for breakfast completely free of guilt!
- 4 honey crisp or granny smith apples peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped small
- 3 Tbs brown sugar not packed
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 packs mini phylo crusts we found ours at King Soopers
Add all ingredients to a medium pot on the stove over medium heat, stir to combine
when everything starts to bubble reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes
Let cool for a few minutes and fill phylo crusts.